Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lucky Charms...

...they're magically delicious!


I stopped by my parents house today (at lunch time, hehe) and they offered me a sandwich and some chips. Mmmm, so I of course sat down for a bite to eat. After visiting for a little bit, they had to get back to work, and I too, needed to get home to the piles of projects waiting for me. When I walked in, I started to pick up around the house, as we had a crazy morning getting out the door. On the kitchen table sat a large box of Lucky Charms. Normally I won't buy sugar cereal for the kids because they go through it so fast, but they were on sale at Freddie's last night. Anyway, there they sat on the table...I wasn't hungry, but they looked so delicious. I tried to ignore the thought of how yummy the marshmallows would taste as they melted in my mouth. I couldn't resist their "charm" any longer and ended up sitting down to enjoy of bowl of my favorite cereal. So much for the diet. I guess I will start that tomorrow ;)
They were worth every calorie!! And as I ate them I found myself reading the back of the box and playing all the games. How long has it been since you've done tongue twisters? It had been a while for me, but I had so much with these. The dogs were looking at me like I was a crazy women, but they'll get over it. See how well you can do. Remember to say each one 3 times as fast as you can:
FIND A BIG BALLOON BY THE MOON IN THE NEW BLUE LAGOON.
SEE THE SEVEN SHINY SOARING SHOOTING STARS.
LEPRECHAUNS LIKE LUCKY LIKE LUCKIER LUCK.
CUNNING CRITTERS CLEVERLY CLIP GREEN CLOVERS.
WHOSE HORSES CHOOSE USED HORSESHOES?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love how the Lucky Charms post comes right after the one about alli and dieting! :) Isn't that how it always is? When we decide to eat healthier, something tempting comes along! Oh well, what we need is a good dose of SELF-CONTROL! sucks, huh? Glad you were able to enjoy such a yummy snack...I had a couple cookies today myself...mmmm! :P

Alice said...

haha, yeah, I thought that it was pretty ironic to have those 2 posts right next to each other. But that is the reality of life isn't it?
I wish we could be skinny and have our cookies and Lucky Charms too.

B.E.Hughes said...

Tsk, tsk... Pound, pound!

Sally Ann said...

Haha! Aunt Ally, you are so funny!!! I bet you were imagining that the box was talking to you too! "Come on! I taste so good!"
Lol!

Hazel Eye Beauty said...

Ally, hmmm so I guess you didn't get any house work done after I dropped you off? Love your moms comment it made laugh outloud! Well, if your gonna keep tht lucky charms around, don't waste your money on that alli diet!!Had fun today!