Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
It seems like just the other day I found out I was expecting her. She is our little miracle baby. After adopting David, with the assumption that we could not have another child, along came Hope. She has been such a JOY to have in my life. I pray that her sweet disposition and sensitive heart will continue to blossom as she grows into the young lady that God has designed her to be.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Bill took the girls out on the boat to teach them a little bit about fishing. They didn't cath any fish but were able to get a bit of seaweed on the line. :)
As the sun set, the sky and the lakes reflection got prettier and prettier. God sure made us a beautiful world to enjoy.
We ended the evening with a bonfire down on the lake-front, chit chatting over smores while Grace kept us laughing with her silly stories and comments.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, or screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
3. Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
4. Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
5. Law of the Alibi - If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.
6. Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).
7. Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
8. Law of Close Encounters - The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.
9. Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.
10. Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
11. Law of the Theater and Hockey Arena - At any event, the people whose seats are farthest from the aisle arrive last, and they are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, drink, or the bathroom and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over.
Those in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies, and stay to the bitter end of the performance and beyond. The aisle people also are very surly folk.
12. The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something that will last until the coffee is cold.
13. Murphy's Law of Lockers - If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
14. Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor covering are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet/rug.
15. Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
16. Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.
17. Oliver's Law of Public Speaking - A closed mouth gathers no feet.
18. Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.
19. Doctors' Law - If you don't feel well and make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better. Don't make an appointment and you'll stay sick.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Ever gone to the park at night? You should, it was a lot of fun!
Monday, July 20, 2009