Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cedar Dance Team Wins 1st at the Apple Cup


Once again, Cedar takes first in a state wide competition at the Pacwest Apple Cup. This time Dustin and I were able to attend since they held it at Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. It was so much fun to see our Gracie up on that huge stage dancing her heart out. I was pretty bummed when I realized that my video camera wasn't recording their Pom routine...however, I did get the 2nd half of the dance on video. The girls did awesome as usual and were awarded 1st place. They also did a routine in the Hip Hop catergory, and won 1st in that as well. When the girls received their awards I got all chocked up and was so glad that I was able to be there. They have worked so hard and really deserved all that recognition. As I have said before many times...."GO CEDAR!"



Stretching before the performance.






Being silly while we waited for the judges to determine the winners.

Pom Routine


Hip Hop Routine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Go Grace! She does really well, and has put in so much hard work to get to where they are. I know that you have put in a lot towards her success too! What a good and supportive mommy you are! I'm sure she's grateful for all your help. Good luck at Nationals, Grace! Go CEDAR!

Anonymous said...

Look Dad,
I'm in the dance world!