A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly... ―Proverbs 18:24
[This is an excerpt from my dad's sermon on “Wise Friendships” last Wednesday]:
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF FRIENDSHIP
1. Be friendly and helpful.
2. Smile at people
3. Speak to people – Give people a cheerful word of greeting.
4. Call people by name – the sweetest music to anyone's ear.
5. Be congenial – adapt yourself to the person and situation.
6. Be genuinely interested in people.
7. Be generous with praise; cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate of the feelings of others. How would you feel if you were treated in the same manner?
9. Be respectful of the opinions of others.
10. Be alert to serve – what counts most in life is what we do for others!