Thursday, March 26, 2009
She said that she laughed so loud that she is sure teachers down the hall heard her. Anyways, she ended up asking him how he came up with this subject idea, knowing that Dustin and I aren't really the "wheat" smoking type. He told her that he saw it on cops and that he thought it was cool. She agreed that it was cool, but probably not appropriate for school, so he ended up doing his essay on Snakes. I think I would have rather read his version of COPS.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Doing the happy dance!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Look how happy everyone looks in their Snuggies. Awwwwwww.Our favorite part of the commercial is when the family is dressed in Snuggies at an outdoor sporting event. I haven't seen it yet, but I am sure we will see some Snuggie wearers at the Little League games this year, while the rest of us who didn't want to spend the $14.95 will be in our trusty coats and mittens like we have done for many years. You know that I will have my camera ready to capture the monk looking spectators so that we can laugh together. That is, unless you are a Snuggie lover and have one of your own ; )
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
My little Hopie brought this painting home from art class yesterday. I fell in love with it immediately. I think she is very talented with the pencil, or paint in this case. We have discussed having my mom give her water-color painting lessons. I think she's ready!
I want to have it framed, but they sent it home folded and now there are creases in it. Does anyone know anything about framing or how to get rid of the fold lines?
Her mate brought her food and attended to her with love and compassion.
He left to get her food again but when he came back she had died. He tried to move her....a rarely seen effort for swallows!
He stood beside her, crying as he realized she was gone.
...and some people say that animals don't have feelings or emotions.
1) What is your favorite salad dressing? that oil/vinegarette that comes in the bagged Costco salads
2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? The Olive Garden sounds nice right now
3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? cereal
4) What are your pizza toppings of choice? loaded with everything (except sardines of course)
5) What do you like to put on your toast? don't eat toast much, only butter if I have a slice
6) How many televisions are in your house? 3, but I could live without them!
7) What color is your cell phone? silver
8) Are you right-handed or left-handed? right
9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? a few teeth, a cyst and a couple of kids
10) What is the last heavy item you lifted? my big booty when I climbed out of bed this morning
11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? twice that I remember. A bike accident as a little kid and once when my sister Ruth and I were fighting and she knocked over a book shelf that landed on my head! (Don't mess with a red-head)
12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? nope
13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to? ummm.. I wouldn't
14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? definitely! show me the money!
15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? not sure anymore, but they are small and easy to store : )
16) What’s your goal for the year? lose weight and exercise (which I plan to start any day now)
17) Last person you talked to? Joy...no surprises there
18) Last person you hugged? David, he's been so sick and he actually let me cuddle with him on the couch last night.
19) Favorite Season? Autumn
20) Favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving
21) Favorite day of the week? Saturday
22) Favorite Month? October
23) First place you went this morning? met Joy at Albertsons so we could carpool. She treated me to a yummy Starbucks chai tea : )
24) Do you always answer the phone? nope
25-27)Where'd these questions go? someone didn't want to answer them so they just deleted them. Where's the fun in that???
28) If you could change your eye color what would it be? I have no complaint with the eye color that I have
29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? I LOVE Sonic's sweet tea whenever I am in Texas.
30) Have you ever had a pet fish? yes
31) Favorite Christmas song? it's a toss up between, What Child is This and O Holy Night
32) What's on your wish list for your birthday? I already got my present...a ticket to Texas!
33) Can you do push ups? a couple...I think...hehe
34) Can you do a chin up? huh? are you kidding me? ...refer back to question #10..Impossible to lift that weight
35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? neither, I am just taking it a day at a time
36) Do you have any saved texts? nope
37) Ever loved a dog like its your child? haha...guilty. My doggies are my babies.
38) Do you have an accent? no
39) What is the last song to make you cry? "Not a Day Goes By" Lonestar
40) Plans tonight? American Idol :)
41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? yes...a bad place to be. Ps. 40:2 "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." : )
42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday? nothin : (
43) Have you ever been given roses? many times...but not in a LONG time (hint hint)
44) Current hate right now? David being sick
45) Met someone who changed your life? yes, He can change yours too
46) How did you bring in the New Year? spent it at church
47) What song represents you? "Does Jesus Care?"
48) Name three people who might complete this? I think everyone already did this one
49) What were you doing 12 AM last night? trying to sleep
50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I woke up to the cat meowing so I guess my first thought was, What in the world does kitty want?" I found her happily rolling on the floor outside our bedroom door with a dead mouse beside her. She's my hero and she was so proud of herself. Good kitty!
I TAG Lindsey.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
There's a lighthouse on the hillside
And I thank God for The Lighthouse,