Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back!


"Drop everything and read!" was held at Burley Glenwood Elementary last night. I had just gotten home from a busy Monday at the office, as well as stopping by the post office on my way home to mail a bunch of ebay items, and I was ready to get my jammies on and relax. Hopie was all excited when I got in the house with then news that the Cat in the Hat would be at her school at 5:30. I did not share in her excitement. A gymnasium filled with screaming kids was not how I wanted to spend my Monday evening. She looked up at me with her big, brown eyes and said, "Can we go....Pleeeeeeease?" (*deep sigh* goes right here.) "Okay, go get your shoes and jacket if you want to get there on time." She squealed in delight and ran down the hall while I called Dustin and asked him to grab something for dinner.
It's always nice when I can spend quality time with just one child at a time. I think it makes them feel special. We ate some pizza together, listened to some stories, went to the school library where she read me a book, and of course, we got to meet the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1. It actually turned out to be a wonderful way to spend a Monday evening.

1 comment:

B.E.Hughes said...

OOOH... a celebrity nite out! Wish I could have been there, too! NEAT that you could go with Hope! FUN!