Saturday, March 14, 2009

Flu, flu go away...don't come back, we want to play.

What a month we have had here at the Renfro house. Grace was the first one to come down with the nasty cold & flu that has been going around. Then it was my turn. There were times I felt like I was in and out of consciousness, dozing off for hours at a time. I missed a week of work as well as several church services. Dustin happened to be in China so it was really tough keeping tabs on the kids, their homework, and meals. We all survived "mommy" being sick, then Dustin got really sick after he got home. He missed a week of work as well, so when Hopie woke up with the crud on Monday neither of us could afford to miss work and stay home with her. THANK GOD FOR GRANDMA! She is such a blessing when it comes to her children and her grandchildren. Countless times she has dropped all of her plans at a moments notice to help us out in a pinch. Thank you, Mom. I love you so much.
Tonight, Dustin and Grace are in Portland for dance competitions while I am here with the younger two. Hopie is finally on the mend, however, David has been sick since Thursday night. They have been so bored being cooped up in the house for so long. Hope suggested that we build a tent for them to sleep in, so that being sick would be more fun. Their smiles were well worth the mess in my living room. By the time I thought to grab my camera, David was already half asleep...again. Poor thing, I know all too well how sick he is feeling.

3 comments:

B.E.Hughes said...

Thank you for the post... and the reminder to pray for them while I am out of town. Miss all of you and hope that they get better soon and that Grace's team does well at regionals!

Renea West said...

Poor thing, I hope everyone is doing better. What a good idea for the fort in the livingroom.Lets get together soon, after everyone is feeling better.

Shannon said...

Poor guy... I do hope the "stuff" gets out of your house soon.