Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School '09

Well, it's that time of year again. The kids were all so anxious to go to school that they got up WAY too early. All 3 of them were ready to go a half an hour before they needed too. I know this won't last long, it won't be too long when we are scrambling out the door to catch the bus.







Grace is in 10th grade at the highschool this year. Am I really old enough for this? I mean, seriously, it was only yesterday when Joy and I were standing at the bus stop waiting to go to highschool. Grace plans to work extra hard this year to get good grades and won't be participating on the dance team. We are all kinda bummed about that, but it's the plan for now.











David is in 5th this year. It's his first year with a male teacher, and I think it will be really good for him. He needs that manly authority right now. Unlike last year, this year he is all about the "girls" and not embarassed to admit it. Watch out ladies!






Hope is in 4th grade. She's a lot like me when it comes to school. I just never quite figured out math and it's a constant struggle for her (as well as myself when I have to help her with homework). Yet, when it comes to English, reading and writing, well, she goes above and beyond what is expected. Last year she was the teachers pet and she loved every second of it. We will have to see if this new teacher can resist her charms.





1 comment:

B.E.Hughes said...

Ah, the memories!

Good thing David is a math whiz... he could be a blessing to Hope if he ever gets the "vision" of the possibilities!